My mom’s friend adopted this lovely dog after he was abandoned by his previous family. His name is Shaun. Shaun had always been very good at eating all his food. Every last bit that was, he ate it. One day he started leaving a little bit behind. He wouldn’t eat everything, no matter what. He always left a little behind. Every morning when my mom’s friend checked Shaun’s bowl, the food was gone. That was very strange, because Shaun always spent the night by her side.
One night she decided to investigate the food situation. She waited quietly by the food bowl and then, in the middle of the night, a cat came through the window and ate the remaining food. She noticed the cat was actually pregnant. A week or so later the cat came into her house and gave birth to 6 little kittens. Shaun took care of them as if they were his own babies. My mom’s friend adopted the cat too (her name is Meow) and they took care of the kittens until they all found a loving home. Nowadays Meow and Shaun live happily together as a family and they each have their little bowl of food.
interracial couples are always cute
Oh my god that is so precious.
KITTENS YOUR DADDY IS A DOGGIE. YOU ARE SOME LUCKY BABIES.
I’m sorry but
A CROW TRIED TO GO IN OUR CLASSROOM AND HE HAD A PEN
yes hello i am here to learn geometries
That crow is more prepared than some of my students.
You’ve all just like, completely skipped over the possibility that this crow has seen people using pens in this room, found one, and is trying to return it. There’s been videos of crows picking up sweet wrappers and stuff and placing them in bins after seeing humans put their litter in bins. I really do believe that this crow is trying to return the pen and that is ADORABLE AS HELL.
THEY ARE SO SMART I LOVE THEM
Crows are thought to be self aware by some scientists. Its perfectly possible the crow wants to return the pen to humans. Knowing it belongs to humans.
Corvids. Who KNOWS. :)
Another cool crow deal: Once, when trying to assess if crows could reason and use tools, scientists had two crows who didn’t know each other each take a wire from a table (one was hooked, one was straight) and try to grab meat from a bottle with it. The crows could see each other, though they had separate bottles. Only the straight wire worked for this, so they hypothesized that if crows could reason, the second trial would have the two crows fighting over the straight wire. The second trial started and, to the surprise of the scientists, the two crows both went for the bent wire, one held it down and the other unbent it. They both got meat out of their bottles. They came to a peaceful solution without verbal communication. Crows are probably smarter than we are.
Crows are definitely smarter than humans
literally just a clip of ravers dancing at a music festival, but with the rave music taken out and Benny Hill music put in x
I am never dancing in public ever again
I should post a thing of things that I have and use and love that you may also like to have and use and love (or at least don’t want to throw many things at when I use them)
- Volumouse - as I have my hand on my mouse most of the time it’s handy to be able to adjust the volume without having to find the volume control. Press and hold the button and scroll the wheel. Volume adjusts. Doesn’t work with touchpads, blame Synaptics etc.
- Unified Remote - download the server onto your PC, download the app onto you Android or Windows Phone, connect your phone to the same wifi your computer is on and you have a remote for you PC like you would your TV. Has predefined layouts for VLC, Windows Media Player and Windows Media Centre inbuilt in the free version and a heap more in the paid version. Also has a touchpad emulator and a keyboard. I use this for watching stuff in bed.
- PeaZip - like 7Zip or WinRAR but actually looks like it belongs in Windows 7\8 as opposed to 7Zip which looks like it is ready for release with Windows 98SE and free and not naggy about paying for it like WinRAR. But please go to the bottom of the page and click PeaZip (Plain) for Windows so you don’t win malware crap.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete - okay I know it’s not free but seriously, this is an awesome antivirus app. Is a 1MB download, uses about that much memory when not scanning, keeps out of the way and is actually decent (Security Essentials is baseline, remember - this means other products should (and many do) be better than it).
- Windows Live Photo Gallery - because the default one with Windows is useless. Has basic editing for when I just want to quickly crop a photo or something.
- theRenamer - I don’t like it when I obtain a TV show and it’s got a stupid name like How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S09E20.HDTV.x264-EXCELLENCE which means nothing to me (I tend to go by episode names as opposed to numbers) theRenamer cleans it up and replaces it with something nice like How I Met Your Mother S09E20 - Daisy - with minimal effort.
- TV Calendar - less of an app and more of a website in that it’s a website. You set it up with your time zone and what shows you care about and it you are then presented with a calendar showing you when TV shows air first in your time (e.g. Elementary airs at 10pm on Thursdays in the US, but I live in South Australia so in my time it airs at 12:30pm on Fridays). You do need to play with it to get a feel for what it is as opposed to reading this so gogogo.
I’m sure there are more and I’ll try to remember (not that I actually will) if they might be of use